Shawn Sullivan, Broker Associate, CRS's Blog
100 Fellsview Ter, Stoneham, MA 02180
There is no need to struggle as you pursue your dream home. In fact, there are many things you can do to ensure the homebuying journey is quick and easy.
Now, let's take a look at three tips to help you enjoy a seamless property buying experience.
1. Know Where You Want to Reside
It often helps to narrow a home search to a small group of cities and towns. That way, you can focus exclusively on residences in a set area and speed up your house search.
As you consider where you want to live, it generally is a good idea to review your short- and long-term plans. For example, if you intend to return to school soon, you may want to search for houses near some of the nation's top colleges and universities. On the other hand, if you want to start a family, you may want to focus on homes close to parks and other family-friendly attractions.
2. Establish a Homebuying Budget
Most homebuyers will need to get a mortgage so they can acquire their dream residence. Fortunately, banks and credit unions are happy to teach you about home financing and help you make an informed mortgage selection.
Typically, banks and credit unions employ courteous, knowledgeable mortgage specialists who can educate you about all aspects of home financing. These specialists are ready to respond to your home financing concerns and questions and help you find a mortgage that suits you perfectly.
There is no such thing as a "bad" question to ask mortgage specialists, either. If you work with mortgage specialists to assess all of your home financing options, you can select a mortgage that will serve you well for the foreseeable future.
3. Hire a Real Estate Agent
When it comes to searching for a home, you don't have to work alone. Thankfully, real estate agents are available throughout the country, and these housing market professionals can make it simple for you to acquire a great home at a budget-friendly price.
A real estate agent goes above and beyond the call of duty to make the property buying journey fast and easy. First, he or she will learn about you and your homebuying goals. This housing market professional next will craft a personalized homebuying strategy for you and put this plan into action. Then, after you discover your ideal residence, a real estate agent will do everything possible to help you acquire this home.
In addition, a real estate agent will work with you to finalize a home purchase. As a home closing date approaches, a real estate agent will help you plan accordingly. By doing so, he or she can help you purchase your dream residence without delay.
For those who want to enjoy a quick, easy homebuying journey, it helps to plan ahead. With the aforementioned tips, you can prepare for the homebuying journey and limit the risk of encountering various problems as you search for your ideal house.
The kitchen is the life of almost every home in the country today. From forging relationships to creating loving memories, there’s a lot that goes on here apart from mom’s roast turkey and spaghetti meatloaf. That’s all the more reason you should invest in regular kitchen upgrades. If you are going to have conversations here, you might as well have it in style and comfort. Check out this list for a few kitchen upgrades you should consider this year.
- Add a fresh coat of paint to your cabinets. This can totally change the way your kitchen looks. You may also decide to change the paint job in the room too to give it an even fresher look. If painting is too much hassle, reface your old cabinets with a new layer of peel and stick veneer.
- Remove the doors of your cabinets. If you are more adventurous, you can decide to do away entirely with the doors on your cabinet. Your cramped kitchen will look a lot roomier than it actually is.
- Replace your light fixtures. Who says you can’t have fancy chandeliers in the kitchen? Get rid of the old fluorescent lamps and install some pendants and other sophisticated lighting fixtures to give your kitchen some more panache. You should also consider putting up some under-cabinet lighting too. That will add some extra glow.
- Replace your kitchen sink and faucets. Call your plumber and install a new sink in your kitchen. It will definitely give your favorite place a whole new look. You can switch from your old stiff-necked faucet to a pull-down faucet for more room in the sink too.
- Replace the surface of your countertops. A thousand stains and knife marks later, your countertop probably looks like that a ship’s kitchen. Resurfacing it is something that you can do by yourself if you want to. Not sure you are good enough? Start out with the island countertop, that way you test your skills on a small scale.
- Create a new backsplash. There are so many backsplash options for you to consider. If a tile backsplash looks like it’s more than you can handle, you can try one made out of a solid plain color. Want to try something a bit different? Use a wallpaper instead. For more backsplash options check out some of the peel-and-stick kits available to most home improvement stores.
Now it’s your turn! Go out and find your next great kitchen, then make it happen! If you want to be sure you’re improving the value of your home, be sure to ask your real estate agent for their favorite ideas.
More Info on this Property | New Listing Alerts